Forums » Info, news, tips, education

NEW FEATURE: Events

• 639 posts
    April 15, 2015 6:00 AM PDT

While it's not exactly a new feature as we launched it first in 2013, but because of the lack of interest we removed it then.

ASN is much larger now and because of popular demand we decided to re-activate the feature with some upgrades, bug fixes.

It is a very useful feature to post your upcoming events, gatherings, or anything you want people to know about. Please note that posted Events will automatically adjust to your time zone you have set in your profile.

Any new events are going to show on the side of the Main Feed while events that you created or joined to will show up on your profile.

If you have questions or comments related to this topic please post them below.

• 426 posts
    April 15, 2015 7:27 AM PDT

Sounds interesting... I will give it a try!

• 639 posts
    April 15, 2015 7:31 AM PDT

Gemini has given me some feedback in SL so I would like to add a few pointers here.

1. Please note that you will have to set time and date according to your time zone you set up in your profile. You can check that in your settings. The time zone automatically adjust to everyone according to their own time zone settings.

2. This feature is best to be utilized for bigger occasions where you would want to RSVP members while preparing to it, planning, posting updates, etc. This feature is very much like the one Facebook has so it should be understood that way.

Of course confusions may happen and questions may arise so feel free to ask :)

• 106 posts
    April 15, 2015 8:15 PM PDT

Sounds  like a   good  feature  to being  back

• 1102 posts
    April 20, 2015 6:40 AM PDT

Its always good to know what events are around in the many worlds. Notification will help planning :)