Forums » Second Life

Roleplay Vs Storytelling

• 782 posts
    July 12, 2015 1:34 PM PDT

Ok so I love to tell a good story. I love to dress up my avatar, mostly in normal clothing but every now and then I'll put her in full costume, depending what my mood is or the sim I'm exploring...so one day I might go Ninja, another day a Pirate, Army, Robot, Zombie, Goblin...the list goes on and it's not my point....so what is my point.

I hate most roleplay in SL. It's so strict and there are so many rules and you are waiting forever to get dialog from the person you're interacting with. I have no patience for this. Don't get me wrong, I totally respect the people who love it and get fully immersed in the characters, it's just not for me.

Having said that as I said above I do love to tell a story and in the past I have setup stories and scenes eg Penny & Dr Horrible Compound which included blogs in ASN, various other blogs where I'll make up a story with my pics.

What I would like to know is if there are any other storytellers out there. People who enjoy a bit of roleplay but don't get super serious about it, who love to just have fun and go with the flow and let the stories develop.

Some friends and I will be developing such storylines and putting together a place to hangout in SL soon which is mainly about fun but also to do some fun stories and uploading them to ASN. Sometimes we might just wanna hangout and chat and play games, other times we might want to build and brainstorm new stories and setup new cool scenes.

My question is, is there any similar like minded people who would be interested? I'm talking to you builders, you storytellers, you photographers, you videographers, is your interest piqued?

• 106 posts
    July 12, 2015 2:14 PM PDT

i have a  lot of  imagnation .  that  is   all i can offer . but  i have a  few  friends    that  would also  like     you idea .   hugs

• 2413 posts
    July 17, 2015 2:43 AM PDT

I will pop along Vent

• 782 posts
    July 17, 2015 9:46 AM PDT

Good stuff!! Come on who else loves stories, dressing up and building and recording stories and movies!! Did I mention good ole fashion fun?

• 18 posts
    November 6, 2015 7:14 AM PST

I love story telling. I really hate what seems to be a lack of imagination in sl.. All these by the book places.. Unghhh  Why can't a neko be a slave girl in gor, or a jedi warrior in star wars? Especially in starwars. neko's are not part of star wars, so no you can't do it.. Grrrr.. Even star trek is like nope its not cannon.. so no.. No imagination

• November 11, 2015 5:49 AM PST

Did you ever do this Vent? It sounds fun!

• 10 posts
    November 24, 2015 3:53 PM PST

I think if you want to do something like this you have to have your own sim or a friend has to, I get the frustration of someone telling you what you can and can't play (we used to run a roleplay sim im SL for several years and occassionally I still rp with friends in a more tight nit setting) but you have to have some rules and a storyline for the world or whatever that is created or it would be chaos and people just come in and disrupt storylines without knowing what is happening. If someone pays for a sim to have a specific theme to be honest its just their choice on what is or is not allowed. I am sure there are lots though that would love to just freelance or go with the flow but there always has to be some structure or it just ends up just being a big mess. Just my opinion from experience though.