Forums » Info, news, tips, education

Secret Santa 2015 on Avatar Social Network

This topic has been closed.
    • 639 posts
    December 2, 2015 6:35 PM PST

Hello everyone. Just like last year and every year we will have our Secret Santa this year again.

What is Secret Santa?

It's a gift giving/receiving little game that is traditional in some communities. Certainly tradition here at Avatar Social Network. The way it works is, everyone who enters will be paired with someone on the day of drawing. Once you get a name you shouldn't tell anyone, and then on or after Christmas you surprise the person with your little gift.

What kind of gift should I give?

If you are on the same grid with the person then it's very easy. You can buy or make a gift. If you are not in the same game then you can send a gift here on ASN - we will try to add some more soon - or also make something in Photoshop, Gimp, or find a nice card on the internet, etc. The purpose is the giving and receiving, not the value or nature of the gift so any gift that comes with caring intention is perfect.

How to enter?

Posting on this topic please state your intention to participate and your game name in the grid, world you are in.

If there is any question please just ask.

Entry dead line is December 15th.

Have fun! :)

• 240 posts
    December 2, 2015 6:58 PM PST

OoOooOo, yay!  This sounds fun!  :)  I would like to participate!  ♥

I am MajikVixen (BlueVioletVixen Lorefield) on Second Life -you will find me by my legacy name.

I'm a batty chick who digs Pagan Claus, lol!  Gothic or fantasy, things with a dark twist are great.  HUGE fan of Lilith (as in Old Testament, yes).  Halloween is my favorite holiday (my house is a HUGE pumpkin, lol).  As a writer and artist I can appreciate a nice poem or picture too, that would be very awesome (I would prolly find some way to display it inworld)!  ;)  

WheEeEe!  

Merry Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, a Festivus for the rest of us, Happy Holidays!  \m/

• 1604 posts
    December 2, 2015 9:03 PM PST

I want to party-cipate!

Prissy Amélia [Pussina Resident] - SL grid.

This post was edited by Prissy Amélia at December 2, 2015 9:04 PM PST
    • 1604 posts
    December 4, 2015 9:33 AM PST

• 9 posts
    December 12, 2015 10:27 PM PST

I would love to particpate! So sad to see so little people participating this year. >: I play on Secondlife, username is SuzySilvershoes Resident. I love many things, Pokemon, Trains, Thomas the Tank Engine, My Little Pony, Horses and much more! :D

• 639 posts
    December 13, 2015 6:15 AM PST

Thanks everyone. Please pass the word to your friends and keep sharing and "recommend" this forum topic. Others may not know about it. Thanks.

• December 13, 2015 8:09 AM PST

oooo thats fun like last year yay :D , i would like to particpate , im on sl grid and my username is kimkeem :3 

• 9 posts
    December 14, 2015 1:10 PM PST

Not sure how to share things but I reccomended it. =3

• 639 posts
    December 14, 2015 7:54 PM PST
    Yes thats perfect thank you! :)
    • 639 posts
    December 15, 2015 4:46 AM PST

Hello guys. I see you all sharing this topic, thank you. I will give it a couple more days. Up until Sunday night. Lets see if we get some more people. :)

• 9 posts
    December 15, 2015 10:31 PM PST

I hope we get more! It was so fun last year. And I actually have something nice to give out this year to whoever I'm partnered with, if they play Secondlife.

• 240 posts
    December 20, 2015 12:57 AM PST

I know you said until tonight, Arkad, but I just got back from RL and recommended this to all my friends... so hopefully we might be able to squeeze in a bit more?  0:-)

• 639 posts
    December 20, 2015 1:10 AM PST

lol we can wait a little longer :)

• 24 posts
    December 20, 2015 1:33 PM PST

Late (as usual) but interested :)

• 639 posts
    December 20, 2015 4:19 PM PST

lol you are fine. And thank you. As long as this topic is open everyone can join. 

• 639 posts
    December 21, 2015 3:24 AM PST

Ok guys I'm closing this topic tonight so still have time to join the Secret Santa. Soon after I close it everyone will get a private message with a name. Thanks :)